Monday, September 06, 2010

Alzheimer's Resource - Minding Our Elders

A very good resource for Alzheimer's caregivers, to enable them to understand their family member or patient, is Carol Bradley Bursack's web site, Minding Our Elders. As Carol describes it...Breaking the Isolation: Information and Support for Caregivers and Seniors.

Carol discusses many topics on a daily basis and offers many resources. 

She also is the author of the book Minding Our Elders: Caregivers Share Their Personal Stories.

Do you have a favoriet Alzheimer's resource that has helped you cope and to understand this disease?

2 comments:

karen said...

Thanks for the info. But I have stopped ready books on caregiving . I have been living it now for so long. No need to read about it. Used to . But just can't anymore. I do know it helps with newcomers. So keep up the good work.

Mary Emma Allen said...

Thanks, Karen, for sharing. I understand. I found books very helpful when I began caring for my mom and aunt. (In fact, books were about the only resource. No Internet resources and no support groups, except my neighbor, at that time.) But then I was living it day by day, too. I began writing about Alzheimer's when I discovered other caregivers were reaching out for someone to share with and who had been there. That's why I continue even though Mother and Auntie have passed away. Thanks, too, for your encouragement of my work.