Thursday, October 14, 2010

Newsletter & Quote from Richard Taylor, PhD

Richard Taylor has published another of his monthly newsletters, giving us insight into the life of someone diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  He travels and speaks around the country.

I found so poignant, this quote from Richard's newsletter: Please, just be, that is what we are trying to do, that is what we sometimes need your help to enable us to fully be who we are at the moment.

This is what I learned as a caregiver for my mom and aunt, even though they couldn't verbalize specifically what they wanted me to be.  I learned "to live in this moment in time," with Mother and Auntie and enjoy that moment...to be whomever they wanted me to be and to visit them wherever they might think they were.  I learned it could be an adventure, not one we may have wished, but one we were experiencing.

1 comment:

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi Mary,

I have a quick question for you regarding your blog, but I couldn't find your contact information. Do you think you could send me an email whenever you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

cameronvsj(at)gmail(dot)com